“The Social Services wing of the Foundation regularly carries out seva for blind children at the following Institutions:”
1. NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR BLIND (NAB) –
Seva is carried out under two heads:
- Rehabilitation Department – Volunteers assist the children in English speaking, in preparing for various competitions and sports, and teach them cookery skills.
- Providing Readers and Writers – Every year 20-25 volunteers offer seva as readers and writers for blind children. The readers help them read and understand various topics from their syllabus, while the writers help the children in writing exam papers.
2. SMT. KAMALA MEHTA SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND (DADAR) –
At this school which is exclusively for blind girls, volunteers help students from the1st standard to the 7th standard in their day-to-day studies. The girls are also taught cookery. Volunteers of the Foundation, who are Doctor, are present at the time of medical check-up of the students.
3. VICTORIA MEMORIAL SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND –
Volunteers help students from the 1st standard to the 10th standard in their day-to-day studies. Volunteers also help students to learn vocational subjects such as handicrafts, etc. Volunteers of the Foundation, who are Doctor, are present at the time of medical check-up of the students.