The auspicious “Sacchidananda Utsav” is celebrated on the second Saturday of the month of “Margashirsha” (according to marathi calendar) and is performed for two days or five days consecutively according to individual preference.
During Sacchidanand Utsav we use the sacred paduka’s of our Sadguru for pujan which are prepared from the paper pulp of pious Ramnam notebooks written by the devotees.
When Bharatha, the second son of king Dasharatha of Ayodhya, went to the forest nestled amongst the mountains of Chitrakoot, to bring back his elder brother, the rightful heir of Ayodhya, Shree Rama from the exile, Shree Rama pacified him and made him aware of his duties and responsibilities, and ordered him to look after the administrations of the kingdom of Ayodhya. Despite all adversities the truth was that nobody could separate Bharatha from his beloved brother Shree Rama and in order to acknowledge this fact,the most dutiful and kindhearted brother Lakshmana and the embodiment of pure love and devotion, the very affectionate Janaki Mata also agreed when Bharatha asked for the sacred paduka of Shree Rama in order to worship them and place them on the throne on behalf of Shree Rama, till His return from the exile. This was the first universal Paduka Poojan of the Supreme Soul performed by Bharatha, this is the first true universal Sacchidanand Utsav. Similarly in this era the first Paduka Poojan of Sadguru Shree Anniruddha has been performed by reverent Samirdada.
The Sachidanand festival was first celebrated in the year 2005 by Poojya Samirdada, on the second Saturday of the month of Margashirsha.
Similarly in this era the first Paduka Pujan of Sadguru Shree Anniruddha has been performed by reverent Samirdada.
The Sacchidananda Utsav was first celebrated in the year 2005 by Poojya Samirdada, on the second Saturday of the month of Margashirsha.
UPASANA CARRIED OUT:
During Sacchidananda Utsav, on the first day after consecration of Sadguru Shree Aniruddha’s paduka, daily worship is performed every morning and evening and on the final day of immersion, Punarmilaap (re-union invocation) poojan (worship) is performed. We can find detailed information of the same in Sacchidananda Utsav booklet.
BENEFITS OF SACCHIDANAND UTSAV IN OUR LIFE:
- By piously celebrating Sacchidananda Utsav, Sacchidananda Anniruddha gets active in our life and helps us to imbibe the good qualities of love, gratefullness and unconditional surrender at the lotus feet of god (Sharyanabhav).
- Tripurari Trivikaram Aniruddha destroys all the obstructions in our life and brings happiness, peace and eternal bliss to all.
- Sadguru Shree Anirudha brings to an end the mess of all three layers of the mind, life, intellect (Man, Praan and Pradnya) and completely transforms our life and leads us towards a better future, where we are one with the Supreme Being.
- Similarly those devotees who celebrate this Sacchidananda Utsav and participate in it get vision of their Sadguru Shree Annirudha who protects them from all calamities and fills their life with light of devotion and happiness.
- The Sacchidananda utsav brings us to a vertex of the devyan path.